No matter the size of your business or the complexity of your IT systems, Fortinet network security and firewalls can protect your company from the increasing threat of IT security breaches.
What are the threats?
“Cyber-attacks” are taking on more and more diverse forms as the use of technology grows.
- Malicious software (Malware)
- Network penetration from outsiders
- Theft of intellectual property or sensitive data
- Corrupted systems and information, lost files and paralysis of systems
These are all real, present and continual threats – your company is without doubt increasingly under threat from breaches in security. Any breach in security is costly to your business, and that cost is spiralling as the threats become ever more sophisticated – and we are not just talking financial costs, but also lost time, lost data or worse: lost customers.
Where do these threats come from?
Forget the clichéd image of computer hackers, today’s threats are more likely to come from well funded and well organised criminal gangs.
Their weapons include:
- Links in what appear to be legitimate emails
- Links on innocent websites
- Break-ins to online address books
- Logging on to social media sites
- Invasion of cloud computing services
- The connection of media devices such as smartphones, tablets and even USB sticks.
There need to be 5 essential elements to any IT security system if it is to stand a chance of protecting your company:
- Firewall – controlling incoming and outgoing network traffic
- Wireless security – controlling access to your wireless networks
- Anti-Virus – preventing, detecting and removing malicious viruses
- Anti-Malware – to stop potential attacks on your data or service
- Anti-Spam – regulating security of emails with malevolent content or harmful links
But all of these cannot protect your business if they are not correctly configured, monitored and updated. Most of all, they need to work together as a UNIFIED THREAT MANAGEMENT system (UTM) – a term that has been coined to label single solutions that offer multiple protections to vulnerable IT systems.
FortiGate from Fortinet
Here at Ivy we are official partners for Fortinet, a worldwide provider of network security solutions and the market leader in UTM. The FortiGate product combines all of the elements you will need to maintain a secure and healthy IT network, it is intuitive and customisable, and most importantly we can install, configure and run it for you, leaving you free to do what you do best: run your business.
FortiGate is a next-generation unified security system which will change, adapt and evolve at the same pace as the threats it protects you against. No longer will you need to concern yourself with adding new layers of protection, or worry that there may be holes or weak spots in your systems – FortiGate has it covered.
Want to learn more about IT Security, and how you can protect your business from cyber attacks?